The Rosetta stone was the key that helped to unlock the meaning of Egyptian heiroglyphics. Without it, we would have no understanding of the writings on so many Eqyptian artifacts. The stone contained a passage written in both heiroglyphics and in ancient greek – a language we understood.
In the same way, we know have some understanding of the arcane pronouncements of the new/old leader of the Australian Labor party (and PM), Mr Kevin Rudd. Apparently this phrase:
““there are no circumstances under which he will return to the Labor Party leadership in the future”.”
“I will knife Julia in the back, first chance I get.”
Excellent. Now we have Rudd’s “Rosetta Phrase” we can apply it to all of his pronouncements henceforth. For instance:
““I will do my absolute best,””
Probably means something like:
“I will make sure every one of you bastards who voted for Gillard pays”
““I recognise that Mr Abbott is a man steeped in the power of negative politics and he is formidable at negative politics,””
“Mr Abbot is a babe in the woods compared to me. His ass is mine…”
- I will build a better relationship with the business community
- I will be down on you with regulatory righteousness and much taxation
- I will control the influx of boat people
- I will build a suspension bridge between here and Indonesia, so they can drive here.
- I will scrap the ETS
- I will replace the ETS with something so awesome that even farting kangaroos will be taxed
- I will address the budget deficit by reducing government spending…
- … on hamsters – and taxing the hell out of anyone who earns more than me.
- I will not campaign negatively
- By the time I’ve finished with Abbott, people will believe it was he who murdered David Bain’s family
So, the question, my friends across the Tasman, is would you buy a used Australia from this man?